Best Beginnings, established in 2003, has focused on promoting collaboration and awareness among parents, early childhood professionals, the public school and the community. Best Beginnings is guided by an early childhood education council consisting of representatives from participating community organizations and schools. The program has grown over the years, now serving as a model for neighboring towns.
- To prepare independent and collaborative learners empowered to embrace the future. Best Beginnings enriches early experiences so Clinton children enter kindergarten ready to learn.
Children will have increased access to high quality early childhood experiences so that they enter kindergarten with the social/emotional, cognitive, language, and motor skills necessary for learning.
Parents will have increased access to support services, resources, and activities that will improve parent-child interactions.
Community care providers will have increased access to resources that will support the implementation of high quality educational experiences for Clinton children.
- Clinton Board of Education
- Middlesex United Way
- Clinton Youth and Family Service Bureau
- Community Health Center
- Community Parents
- Early Childhood Education Council
- Early Education and Care Centers
- First Selectman’s Task Force on Substance Abuse
- Head Start
- Henry Carter Hull Library
- Lewin Joel School (K-3)
- Middlesex Hospital Home Health Care
- The Morgan School
- Local Pediatric Practices
- Community Agencies and Businesses
Early Childhood Council meetings convene 3-4 times yearly. If you are interested in participating on the Early Childhood Council please contact Kimberly Brown at email@example.com or 860-664-6501