Best Beginnings is a readiness to learn program for children from birth through age 5. The program establishes ways to support the development of all preschoolers and to facilitate smooth transitions to kindergarten.
News, Activities and More:
- Family Language/Literacy Night – Apr 28, 2014
Presented by: Sarah Moon, CCC/SLP, Speech Language Pathologist. This is an opportunity for families to learn about the language/literacy connection and some activities that will boost your preschooler’s skills so that he/she is ready to read! Dinner will be served at this event. Take-home activities are also included!
When: Monday, April 28
Time: Registration begins at 4:30, Program from 5-6
Where: Joel School Library
If you are unable to use our online registration system, you may register by calling or emailing (preferred) Kim Brown 860-664-6501 firstname.lastname@example.org. When you register by phone/email, please leave your name, phone number, email address and your child’s age(s).
Older siblings are welcome. 20 spots available on a first-come, first serve basis
- FREE Library Preschool – 2013-2014
- For Clinton Children age 3 1/2-5. Tuesday & Thursday mornings 9:30-11:30 (Exact dates to be determined) at Henry Carter Hull Library, Rt 81 in Clinton
- Clinton Public Schools and the Middlesex United Way Kindergarten Readiness Initiative fund this free opportunity. It is designed for Clinton children who do not attend a formal preschool program. Preference is given to children who will start kindergarten in the fall of 2014.
- Parent or guardian will be required to attend a Best Beginnings parenting workshop.
- Focus will be on kindergarten readiness skills including listening and following directions, literacy, numeracy, music, art, social and emotional development and fine and gross motor development.
- Coralie Williams, a local Pre-K teacher and CT State Designated Head Teacher, will teach the class.
- Group size is limited to 8 children.
- For more information or to register please contact Coralie Williams at Coralie@bestbeginnings.us or call and leave a message with your contact information at the Clinton Board of Education main office at 860-664-6500.
- Online parent survey about a ratings system for early childhood programs - ENGLISH or SPANISH
- National Association for the Education of Young Children - Great web resource for parents – Visit their website
- Best Beginnings Survey – Your feedback is vital!
For parents and children in Clinton, Best Beginnings offers at no charge:
- Consultation for families whose children need extra help
- English language learner community support
- Information available online at www.bestbeginnings.us
- Kindergarten transition assistance between preschools and Joel
- Parent and child activities on nutritious snacks and exercise
- Printed literature on child behavior and ages and stages
- Referrals to agencies that offer help for children and families
- Resource information on programs available in the community
- Scholarships for preschool children
- Summer preschool for those who have not attended preschool prior to kindergarten
- Support groups for parents
- Workshops for parents at Henry Carter Hull Library and Joel School