Best Beginnings is a Kindergarten Readiness initiative for Clinton children from birth through age 5. Funded by the Clinton Board of Education and the United Way, Best Beginnings enhances early experiences so that all children enter kindergarten ready to learn!
We provide support to families and early care and education centers through:
- Family Events
- Professional Development
- Resource and Referral Services
- Kindergarten Readiness
- Collaboration with Community
- Information Distribution
- Family Night: Challenging Behaviors – Evidence Based Interventions for Parents ***** EVENT CANCELLED – LOW ENROLLMENT ***** Many children develop challenging behaviors in order to access the things they want or avoid those activities or demands that they don’t like or in some cases, fear. It is not uncommon for children to exhibit severe problem behaviors because they have developed a long history of achieving their objectives by ...
- FREE Kindergarten Readiness Groups Our Kindergarten Readiness Groups provide 4-year-old children with a pre-kindergarten experience to develop skills for learning! Parents participate in a group focused on current issues in child development while the children participate in preschool activities. Group max is 10 students. Enrollment is open as long as slots remain! Where: Joel School When: Wednesday mornings 11-12 Dates: 3/30, 4/6, 4/13, 4/27, 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, 5/25 CLICK ...
- Clinton Public Schools Preschool Programs Preparing Independent and Collaborative Learners Empowered to Embrace the Future Why is preschool important? Preschool promotes social-emotional, cognitive, language, fine, and gross motor development. Children are encouraged to make choices. This fosters independence. Children learn to take care of themselves and others. Children are introduced to behaviors that will help them function as learners throughout school. Preschool activities provide children with ...