Best Beginnings is a Kindergarten Readiness initiative for Clinton children from birth through age 5. Funded by the Clinton Board of Education and the United Way, Best Beginnings enhances early experiences so that all children enter kindergarten ready to learn!
We provide support to families and early care and education centers through:
- Family Events
- Professional Development
- Resource and Referral Services
- Kindergarten Readiness
- Collaboration with Community
- Information Distribution
- Picky Eaters: Strategies for Addressing Food Selectivity in Children – Feb 17, 5-7PM Many children develop food selectivity or what is also called “picky eating.” It is not uncommon for children to restrict their diets to one brand of chicken nuggets, to refuse to eat colored foods, or to consume only pureed foods. This workshop will focus on strategies that have been demonstrated to be successful in helping children with food selectivity ...
- Preschool and Kindergarten Information Sessions – February 3, 2016 For Parents of children entering Preschool or Kindergarten in September 2016. Come to Lewin G. Joel Jr. Elementary School on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 for these important information sessions. Join parents, teachers and administrators to learn more about Preschool and Kindergarten Programs at Joel. After a short presentation, the meeting will be open to answer your ...
- Clinton Public Schools Preschool Programs Preparing Independent and Collaborative Learners Empowered to Embrace the Future Why is preschool important? Preschool promotes social-emotional, cognitive, language, fine, and gross motor development. Children are encouraged to make choices. This fosters independence. Children learn to take care of themselves and others. Children are introduced to behaviors that will help them function as learners throughout school. Preschool activities provide children with ...